$437.90 | 22k
We paid out
$1,751.58 | 22k
We paid out
Do you have 22k gold jewelry to sell? With a 91.6% purity (22k compared to 24k pure gold), 22k gold is rarely used in jewelry and other gold items made for everyday use. More commonly, you’ll find it in gold coins and bullion – typically for investment purposes. The remaining 8.4% of the coins or bullion are made of other metal alloys, making them stronger and more durable, but a little less valuable.
22k gold can be identified by a small marking on the piece (22k) in many cases. If you have gold coins, a quick search for the type of coin you have may also return the gold purity. If gold does not have a marking or you can’t search for it, its purity needs to be determined through a more scientific chemical test. At Express Gold Cash, we test all the gold that comes into our facility (regardless of the mark) to verify its purity and get you the most cash for the gold that we can. However, if you’re trying to estimate the value of your gold, checking for a mark is a fast and easy way to do it.
22k gold is less common than 18k and 24k gold, but it is still a relatively popular purity. While not a lot of jewelry is made of 22k gold, you occasionally find some pieces. And if your jewelry is 22k gold, you’re very fortunate because it will fetch a much higher price!
Based on a price of $2000/ounce (which was reached in early August of 2020), an ounce of 18k gold would be worth $1833.33. At Express Gold Cash, we pay up to 90% of that value for gold bullion and up to 85% of the refined value of gold jewelry.
To get started, request your free gold kit using our form on the right. We look forward to getting you the most cash for your gold!